Rainscreen ACM Panel Systems – CCRS Series
COMPOSITEcore’s (CCRS) route & return dry joint rainscreen system is a high performance exterior “dry joint” composite panel cladding system which is designed as a water managed system to control the impact of wind driven rain on exterior walls. The acm joint filler strip offers design options in both joint size and color. Our CCRS system, with its caulk free design, offers the desired crisp, clean, and contemporary look for today’s architectural composite cladding design intent.
The CCRS system utilizes a perimeter extrusion attachment system that combines the drained back ventilated rainscreen composite cladding design that limits direct entry, prevents capillary action, manages cavity drainage correctly as it sheds and restrains the penetration of wind driven rain. A rainscreen composite panel cladding and wall system controls wind driven rain by separating the rain from the wind pressure and deals with them separately. As the wind impedes on the composite panel cladding, it penetrates into the wall cavity through composite cladding vents to push on the backup wall air barrier system. If the air barrier is tight and well supported, the wind stagnates in the cavity to increase the cavity pressure until it rises to become about equal to the surface pressure of the cladding. When these two pressures become roughly equal, the rain is no longer pushed or entrained into the wall cavity, the rain then flows downward over the surface of the composite panels. The rain is effectively stopped at the cladding surface while the wind is effectively resisted by the backup wall and air barrier system.
- Drained, back ventilated rainscreen and pressure equalized design for a high performance building envelope
- ACM joint filler variable in both joint size and color
- Floating attachment system for accommodated thermal expansion
- Low maintenance and cost effective
- Flexible design options without sealant in the reveals
- Fire rated cores are also available
- Pre-engineered to meet your design criteria
- Design-Build assistance
- Fully tested for air, water and structural performance
- Independently tested to AAMA 508 voluntary test method and specification for pressure equalized rain screen wall cladding systems
- Green Building Assistance & LEED® Credit Potential.